Sep 10, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Today’s scheduled off day for the Dodgers comes at a good time for Matt Kemp, who sat out both weekend games after being diagnosed with fraying in his shoulder labrum and got two cortisone injections.
Kemp told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he’s hoping to be back in the Dodgers’ lineup tomorrow night for the beginning of a two-game series against the Diamondbacks, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t fell strong enough to take batting practice yesterday and was instead limited to playing catch.
Kemp injured his shoulder slamming into the outfield wall on August 28 and has gone just 3-for-30 (.100) with nine strikeouts since, although he did homer versus the Diamondbacks on September 2.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)