Sep 10, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Today’s scheduled off day for the Dodgers comes at a good time for Matt Kemp, who sat out both weekend games after being diagnosed with fraying in his shoulder labrum and got two cortisone injections.
Kemp told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he’s hoping to be back in the Dodgers’ lineup tomorrow night for the beginning of a two-game series against the Diamondbacks, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t fell strong enough to take batting practice yesterday and was instead limited to playing catch.
Kemp injured his shoulder slamming into the outfield wall on August 28 and has gone just 3-for-30 (.100) with nine strikeouts since, although he did homer versus the Diamondbacks on September 2.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)