Sep 10, 2012, 1:13 PM EST
Today’s scheduled off day for the Dodgers comes at a good time for Matt Kemp, who sat out both weekend games after being diagnosed with fraying in his shoulder labrum and got two cortisone injections.
Kemp told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he’s hoping to be back in the Dodgers’ lineup tomorrow night for the beginning of a two-game series against the Diamondbacks, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t fell strong enough to take batting practice yesterday and was instead limited to playing catch.
Kemp injured his shoulder slamming into the outfield wall on August 28 and has gone just 3-for-30 (.100) with nine strikeouts since, although he did homer versus the Diamondbacks on September 2.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)