Sep 10, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Today’s scheduled off day for the Dodgers comes at a good time for Matt Kemp, who sat out both weekend games after being diagnosed with fraying in his shoulder labrum and got two cortisone injections.
Kemp told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he’s hoping to be back in the Dodgers’ lineup tomorrow night for the beginning of a two-game series against the Diamondbacks, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t fell strong enough to take batting practice yesterday and was instead limited to playing catch.
Kemp injured his shoulder slamming into the outfield wall on August 28 and has gone just 3-for-30 (.100) with nine strikeouts since, although he did homer versus the Diamondbacks on September 2.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12