Sep 10, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
This is kind of unusual and interesting. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports:
According to an industry source, Major League Baseball is investigating the unusually high number of reports regarding waiver wire activity involving the Sox throughout August.
Bradford notes that the Sox aren’t under suspicion for leaking. Which makes sense given the incentives involved. Probably worth noting that the Dodgers — even before the big trade happened — were frequently reported to be making claims. Not sure what their incentives would be either, frankly.
More to come, I presume.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)