Sep 10, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
The good news: Roy Oswalt is not seriously injured. The bad news: it means he’s probably gonna pitch again soon:
Oswalt left Sunday’s start with what was described as right flexor muscle soreness near his elbow. After the game, he said he should be fine in two to three days … Oswalt massaged the area just above his right elbow. He said he’s never had an elbow injury before, but anticipated recovering quickly.
Good news for you Roy, but sorry, Rangers fans.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)