Sep 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
Roy Oswalt‘s season has not gone how he wanted it to. After not finding a suitor before the year began he did the Roger Clemens wait until midseason thing, likely figuring that he’d be a half-season savior, setting him up for another deal heading into 2013. Nope.
Oswalt, now a reliever, was a spot starter in yesterday’s game against the Rays. And it wasn’t good: four runs on six hits in two innings and then:
Oswalt left with flexor muscle soreness in his right elbow.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 9, 2012
That could be it for him for the season. Even if not, if I had to guess, I’d say he doesn’t make the postseason roster.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)