Sep 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Roy Oswalt‘s season has not gone how he wanted it to. After not finding a suitor before the year began he did the Roger Clemens wait until midseason thing, likely figuring that he’d be a half-season savior, setting him up for another deal heading into 2013. Nope.
Oswalt, now a reliever, was a spot starter in yesterday’s game against the Rays. And it wasn’t good: four runs on six hits in two innings and then:
Oswalt left with flexor muscle soreness in his right elbow.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 9, 2012
That could be it for him for the season. Even if not, if I had to guess, I’d say he doesn’t make the postseason roster.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)