Sep 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
Roy Oswalt‘s season has not gone how he wanted it to. After not finding a suitor before the year began he did the Roger Clemens wait until midseason thing, likely figuring that he’d be a half-season savior, setting him up for another deal heading into 2013. Nope.
Oswalt, now a reliever, was a spot starter in yesterday’s game against the Rays. And it wasn’t good: four runs on six hits in two innings and then:
Oswalt left with flexor muscle soreness in his right elbow.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 9, 2012
That could be it for him for the season. Even if not, if I had to guess, I’d say he doesn’t make the postseason roster.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)