Sep 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Roy Oswalt‘s season has not gone how he wanted it to. After not finding a suitor before the year began he did the Roger Clemens wait until midseason thing, likely figuring that he’d be a half-season savior, setting him up for another deal heading into 2013. Nope.
Oswalt, now a reliever, was a spot starter in yesterday’s game against the Rays. And it wasn’t good: four runs on six hits in two innings and then:
Oswalt left with flexor muscle soreness in his right elbow.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 9, 2012
That could be it for him for the season. Even if not, if I had to guess, I’d say he doesn’t make the postseason roster.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)