Sep 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Roy Oswalt‘s season has not gone how he wanted it to. After not finding a suitor before the year began he did the Roger Clemens wait until midseason thing, likely figuring that he’d be a half-season savior, setting him up for another deal heading into 2013. Nope.
Oswalt, now a reliever, was a spot starter in yesterday’s game against the Rays. And it wasn’t good: four runs on six hits in two innings and then:
Oswalt left with flexor muscle soreness in his right elbow.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 9, 2012
That could be it for him for the season. Even if not, if I had to guess, I’d say he doesn’t make the postseason roster.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 8
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 96
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (98)