Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Christopher Torii Smith, 26, was arrested in connection with the attack, which was reported at 6:42 p.m. Sunday at the ballpark where the Giants were playing a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza said.
He allegedly approached the 21-year-old victim on Sunday in a ballpark bathroom and began hitting him. The victim fell to the ground and Smith continued attacking him, Esparza said.
The injuries were minor, it seems, and no motive is known.
This Smith character sounds like a real winner too. He’s awaiting trial for killing two people last December when he got behind the wheel of his car while high.
(Thanks to Kent for the heads up)
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)