Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Christopher Torii Smith, 26, was arrested in connection with the attack, which was reported at 6:42 p.m. Sunday at the ballpark where the Giants were playing a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza said.
He allegedly approached the 21-year-old victim on Sunday in a ballpark bathroom and began hitting him. The victim fell to the ground and Smith continued attacking him, Esparza said.
The injuries were minor, it seems, and no motive is known.
This Smith character sounds like a real winner too. He’s awaiting trial for killing two people last December when he got behind the wheel of his car while high.
(Thanks to Kent for the heads up)
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)