Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Christopher Torii Smith, 26, was arrested in connection with the attack, which was reported at 6:42 p.m. Sunday at the ballpark where the Giants were playing a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza said.
He allegedly approached the 21-year-old victim on Sunday in a ballpark bathroom and began hitting him. The victim fell to the ground and Smith continued attacking him, Esparza said.
The injuries were minor, it seems, and no motive is known.
This Smith character sounds like a real winner too. He’s awaiting trial for killing two people last December when he got behind the wheel of his car while high.
(Thanks to Kent for the heads up)
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)