Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Christopher Torii Smith, 26, was arrested in connection with the attack, which was reported at 6:42 p.m. Sunday at the ballpark where the Giants were playing a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza said.
He allegedly approached the 21-year-old victim on Sunday in a ballpark bathroom and began hitting him. The victim fell to the ground and Smith continued attacking him, Esparza said.
The injuries were minor, it seems, and no motive is known.
This Smith character sounds like a real winner too. He’s awaiting trial for killing two people last December when he got behind the wheel of his car while high.
(Thanks to Kent for the heads up)
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)