Sep 11, 2012, 6:35 AM EDT
UPDATE: Peace has apparently been achieved.
6:35 AM: From the Twitter feed of Brandon Phillips after last night’s marathon game against the Pirates:
— Brandon Phillips (@DatDudeBP) September 11, 2012
No names attached, but as John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer noted early this morning, there was some jawing in the game between Phillips and Pirates pitcher Jared Hughes after Hughes hit Phillips with a pitch in the eighth inning, with Hughes shouting something at Phillips. The shouting happened, Hughes, said, because after he was hit, Phillips tossed the ball back at him, which he told reporters he did not expect.
Serious business if what Phillips says is true. I’m sure there will be some MLB investigation about all of this.
Oh, and Phillips is a guest on SportsTalk tonight on the NBC Sports Network at 6PM Eastern. I presume the conversation will be a bit more interesting than the usual “we gotta play ’em one game at a time” rebop.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)