Sep 11, 2012, 6:35 AM EST
UPDATE: Peace has apparently been achieved.
6:35 AM: From the Twitter feed of Brandon Phillips after last night’s marathon game against the Pirates:
— Brandon Phillips (@DatDudeBP) September 11, 2012
No names attached, but as John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer noted early this morning, there was some jawing in the game between Phillips and Pirates pitcher Jared Hughes after Hughes hit Phillips with a pitch in the eighth inning, with Hughes shouting something at Phillips. The shouting happened, Hughes, said, because after he was hit, Phillips tossed the ball back at him, which he told reporters he did not expect.
Serious business if what Phillips says is true. I’m sure there will be some MLB investigation about all of this.
Oh, and Phillips is a guest on SportsTalk tonight on the NBC Sports Network at 6PM Eastern. I presume the conversation will be a bit more interesting than the usual “we gotta play ‘em one game at a time” rebop.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)