Sep 11, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Sorry. Was just practicing in case I ever get a job writing for a gossip site. I mean a gossip site that isn’t specifically about baseball like HBT. Anyway:
Harper made a diving attempt at an Andres Torres liner and tore his belt in two. The rookie casually walked over to the Washington bullpen and snagged another waistband from a generous teammate.
The MLB.com copy goes on to say that wouldn’t have happened if he was wearing his Olympic unitard. I call b.s. on that. It wouldn’t have happened if Major League Baseball had the good sense to mandate elastic waistband doubleknits like the uber-athletes of yore wore.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)