Sep 11, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Sorry. Was just practicing in case I ever get a job writing for a gossip site. I mean a gossip site that isn’t specifically about baseball like HBT. Anyway:
Harper made a diving attempt at an Andres Torres liner and tore his belt in two. The rookie casually walked over to the Washington bullpen and snagged another waistband from a generous teammate.
The MLB.com copy goes on to say that wouldn’t have happened if he was wearing his Olympic unitard. I call b.s. on that. It wouldn’t have happened if Major League Baseball had the good sense to mandate elastic waistband doubleknits like the uber-athletes of yore wore.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)