Sep 11, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Sorry. Was just practicing in case I ever get a job writing for a gossip site. I mean a gossip site that isn’t specifically about baseball like HBT. Anyway:
Harper made a diving attempt at an Andres Torres liner and tore his belt in two. The rookie casually walked over to the Washington bullpen and snagged another waistband from a generous teammate.
The MLB.com copy goes on to say that wouldn’t have happened if he was wearing his Olympic unitard. I call b.s. on that. It wouldn’t have happened if Major League Baseball had the good sense to mandate elastic waistband doubleknits like the uber-athletes of yore wore.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona