Sep 11, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Sorry. Was just practicing in case I ever get a job writing for a gossip site. I mean a gossip site that isn’t specifically about baseball like HBT. Anyway:
Harper made a diving attempt at an Andres Torres liner and tore his belt in two. The rookie casually walked over to the Washington bullpen and snagged another waistband from a generous teammate.
The MLB.com copy goes on to say that wouldn’t have happened if he was wearing his Olympic unitard. I call b.s. on that. It wouldn’t have happened if Major League Baseball had the good sense to mandate elastic waistband doubleknits like the uber-athletes of yore wore.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45