Sep 11, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, the Red Sox announced Tuesday evening that Matsuzaka will make his scheduled start Friday against the Blue Jays despite his recent hiccups.
Dice-K was shelled for five earned runs in less than two innings last Saturday by Toronto and allowed six earned runs without making it past the fourth inning in his start before that against the Athletics.
The 31-year-old impending free agent has a 7.20 ERA and 1.57 WHIP in 35 total innings this season.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)