Sep 11, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, the Red Sox announced Tuesday evening that Matsuzaka will make his scheduled start Friday against the Blue Jays despite his recent hiccups.
Dice-K was shelled for five earned runs in less than two innings last Saturday by Toronto and allowed six earned runs without making it past the fourth inning in his start before that against the Athletics.
The 31-year-old impending free agent has a 7.20 ERA and 1.57 WHIP in 35 total innings this season.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 71
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)