Sep 11, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, the Red Sox announced Tuesday evening that Matsuzaka will make his scheduled start Friday against the Blue Jays despite his recent hiccups.
Dice-K was shelled for five earned runs in less than two innings last Saturday by Toronto and allowed six earned runs without making it past the fourth inning in his start before that against the Athletics.
The 31-year-old impending free agent has a 7.20 ERA and 1.57 WHIP in 35 total innings this season.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)