Sep 11, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, the Red Sox announced Tuesday evening that Matsuzaka will make his scheduled start Friday against the Blue Jays despite his recent hiccups.
Dice-K was shelled for five earned runs in less than two innings last Saturday by Toronto and allowed six earned runs without making it past the fourth inning in his start before that against the Athletics.
The 31-year-old impending free agent has a 7.20 ERA and 1.57 WHIP in 35 total innings this season.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)