Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 PM EST
11:15 p.m. EDT update: The Astros are reporting that Storey suffered contusions to the right jaw and right hand. If that’s the extent of the damage, then it’s great news.
There was a scary incident in Houston tonight, as Astros right-hander Mickey Storey took a liner to the side of his face and left the game against the Cubs.
The comebacker off the bat of Dave Sappelt glanced off the fingers of Storey’s pitching hand before rising and smacking him in the jaw area. He was on the field for a couple of minutes afterwards before walking off with the assistance of trainers.
Storey, a former A’s prospect who debuted for the Astros in August, has a 3.00 ERA in 18 relief appearances this season.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)