Sep 12, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Span has played just four of the Twins’ last 28 games due to a shoulder injury suffered on August 12, but he remained on the active roster for 18 days–including 11 days without playing–before Minnesota finally placed him on the DL.
Now he returns to center field and the leadoff spot, pushing Ben Revere back to right field and the No. 2 hole.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)