Sep 12, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Span has played just four of the Twins’ last 28 games due to a shoulder injury suffered on August 12, but he remained on the active roster for 18 days–including 11 days without playing–before Minnesota finally placed him on the DL.
Now he returns to center field and the leadoff spot, pushing Ben Revere back to right field and the No. 2 hole.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)