Sep 12, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Sure, it’s cheap and easy symbolism, but when it comes to Yankees-Red Sox, this is Sparta, right? From NESN:
While the Yankees team bus was pulling out of a Fenway parking lot, the driver of the bus crashed into a gate protecting the entrance and broke a window on its side. A bystander tweeted out a picture of the event, and a NESN employee at the scene confirmed the story.
It would be better symbolism if the bus was an aging and expensive one and would have withstood the impact but for its age.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)