Great moments in symbolism: Yankee team bus damaged at Fenway

Sep 12, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT

Yankees Bus

Sure, it’s cheap and easy symbolism, but when it comes to Yankees-Red Sox, this is Sparta, right? From NESN:

While the Yankees team bus was pulling out of a Fenway parking lot, the driver of the bus crashed into a gate protecting the entrance and broke a window on its side. A bystander tweeted out a picture of the event, and a NESN employee at the scene confirmed the story.

It would be better symbolism if the bus was an aging and expensive one and would have withstood the impact but for its age.

1. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Sep 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Sigh, at least the Yanks hit something last night. Such a shitass game…

2. number42is1 - Sep 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

remove the word “bus” from the title and there you have it…

3. funkygoorilla - Sep 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Dear Joe Girardi,
    Please stop putting Robertson in the game when it is close.
    Thanks,
    A Fan

• bronxbomber213 - Sep 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM

he actually pitched a well…strike out the side in a perfect 8th ciriaco hit one 3 feet outside and at his ankles and the other hit was a perfectly placed grounder that was surly two if not in the hole..I wouldn’t fault him at all blame the shitty offense like arod and granderson who chumped up with tons of people on base..that last hit should have made it 7-4 honestly..maybe 7+

4. thatyankeedude - Sep 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

What that fans letter said^^^^^^^ i

5. willclarkgameface - Sep 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I can’t believe I’m saying this after rooting for a last place finish the last 2 months: I hope the Red Sox kill the Yankees this week.

I want to see Baltimore take sole possession of 1st place.

• hittfamily - Sep 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I can’t believe what a difference a year makes. As a Rays fan, the greatest baseball day of my life consisted of me heavily rooting for the O’s, and being overjoyed with a Sox loss.

Now I am forced to root against the O’s, and root for the Sox. Yuck.

6. hittfamily - Sep 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I can’t blame that driver one bit. I’d be trying to get out of that shithole ASAP too. When the jetstream gets moving just right, I can smell Fenway all the way down here in Florida. It smells like urine, b.o., and the stench of expectations dipped in a bowl of chowda, eaten, then defecated.

7. moogro - Sep 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Even ambulances can’t leave Fenway without crashing into things and getting shot up by the cops.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3474)