Sep 13, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have clarification. Yocum walks back his statement.
4:43 PM: This morning Dr. Lewis Yocum, the man who performed Stephen Strasburg‘s Tommy John surgery said that the Nationals never consulted him regarding the Stephen Strasburg shutdown. Scott Boras says that’s not true:
“I know from the discussion I’ve had with the Nationals that there has been repeated communication between the Nationals’ doctor and Dr. Yocum,” Boras said. “There was a conversation between Dr. Yocum and Rizzo sometime in August.”
One person close to Rizzo said Yocum and Rizzo spoke on Aug. 13 and called Yocum’s comments “very curious.”
Someone is lying. Or misremembering. I think Mike Rizzo needs to get on the record here and I think someone had better take another pass at Yocum to see who is telling the truth.
And it does matter. For reasons I’ll explain in another post coming up shortly.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)