Sep 13, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have clarification. Yocum walks back his statement.
4:43 PM: This morning Dr. Lewis Yocum, the man who performed Stephen Strasburg‘s Tommy John surgery said that the Nationals never consulted him regarding the Stephen Strasburg shutdown. Scott Boras says that’s not true:
“I know from the discussion I’ve had with the Nationals that there has been repeated communication between the Nationals’ doctor and Dr. Yocum,” Boras said. “There was a conversation between Dr. Yocum and Rizzo sometime in August.”
One person close to Rizzo said Yocum and Rizzo spoke on Aug. 13 and called Yocum’s comments “very curious.”
Someone is lying. Or misremembering. I think Mike Rizzo needs to get on the record here and I think someone had better take another pass at Yocum to see who is telling the truth.
And it does matter. For reasons I’ll explain in another post coming up shortly.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)