Sep 13, 2012, 4:43 PM EST
UPDATE: We have clarification. Yocum walks back his statement.
4:43 PM: This morning Dr. Lewis Yocum, the man who performed Stephen Strasburg‘s Tommy John surgery said that the Nationals never consulted him regarding the Stephen Strasburg shutdown. Scott Boras says that’s not true:
“I know from the discussion I’ve had with the Nationals that there has been repeated communication between the Nationals’ doctor and Dr. Yocum,” Boras said. “There was a conversation between Dr. Yocum and Rizzo sometime in August.”
One person close to Rizzo said Yocum and Rizzo spoke on Aug. 13 and called Yocum’s comments “very curious.”
Someone is lying. Or misremembering. I think Mike Rizzo needs to get on the record here and I think someone had better take another pass at Yocum to see who is telling the truth.
And it does matter. For reasons I’ll explain in another post coming up shortly.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 0
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)