Sep 13, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
UPDATE: We have clarification. Yocum walks back his statement.
4:43 PM: This morning Dr. Lewis Yocum, the man who performed Stephen Strasburg‘s Tommy John surgery said that the Nationals never consulted him regarding the Stephen Strasburg shutdown. Scott Boras says that’s not true:
“I know from the discussion I’ve had with the Nationals that there has been repeated communication between the Nationals’ doctor and Dr. Yocum,” Boras said. “There was a conversation between Dr. Yocum and Rizzo sometime in August.”
One person close to Rizzo said Yocum and Rizzo spoke on Aug. 13 and called Yocum’s comments “very curious.”
Someone is lying. Or misremembering. I think Mike Rizzo needs to get on the record here and I think someone had better take another pass at Yocum to see who is telling the truth.
And it does matter. For reasons I’ll explain in another post coming up shortly.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 0
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 13
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)