Sep 13, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
Teams keep giving Chipper Jones gifts when he makes his last appearance in their ballpark. The gift in Milwaukee last night may have been the best one yet. As Carroll Rogers points out in the AJC, when asked at the All-Star break, Jones said he wanted bratwurst from the Brewers. They obliged:
Tom Haudricourt relayed word to the Brewers, who had Ryan Braun, former Brewers player and current special assistant Craig Counsell and the famed “Racing Sausages” present Jones with a gas grill and a year’s supply of Klement’s sausages before Wednesday’s series finale.
The Braves have road series remaining against the Marlins, the Phillies and the Pirates. Any guesses as to what they give him? The Phillies will probably do well. Not sure about the Pirates. I figure the Marlins will give him a gift card for gas or something because Loria goes all out.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (151)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)