Sep 13, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Teams keep giving Chipper Jones gifts when he makes his last appearance in their ballpark. The gift in Milwaukee last night may have been the best one yet. As Carroll Rogers points out in the AJC, when asked at the All-Star break, Jones said he wanted bratwurst from the Brewers. They obliged:
Tom Haudricourt relayed word to the Brewers, who had Ryan Braun, former Brewers player and current special assistant Craig Counsell and the famed “Racing Sausages” present Jones with a gas grill and a year’s supply of Klement’s sausages before Wednesday’s series finale.
The Braves have road series remaining against the Marlins, the Phillies and the Pirates. Any guesses as to what they give him? The Phillies will probably do well. Not sure about the Pirates. I figure the Marlins will give him a gift card for gas or something because Loria goes all out.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 3
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)