Sep 13, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Teams keep giving Chipper Jones gifts when he makes his last appearance in their ballpark. The gift in Milwaukee last night may have been the best one yet. As Carroll Rogers points out in the AJC, when asked at the All-Star break, Jones said he wanted bratwurst from the Brewers. They obliged:
Tom Haudricourt relayed word to the Brewers, who had Ryan Braun, former Brewers player and current special assistant Craig Counsell and the famed “Racing Sausages” present Jones with a gas grill and a year’s supply of Klement’s sausages before Wednesday’s series finale.
The Braves have road series remaining against the Marlins, the Phillies and the Pirates. Any guesses as to what they give him? The Phillies will probably do well. Not sure about the Pirates. I figure the Marlins will give him a gift card for gas or something because Loria goes all out.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15