Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 AM EST
I know the Cardinals are crumbling like a cookie right now, but there is hope in store. The upcoming schedule:
Four games against the equally crumbling Dodgers;
- Three games against the Houston LoLStros;
- Three games against the Chicago Cubs; and
- Three more games against the LoLStros again.
Yes, they end against the Nationals and the Reds,* but both of those teams will have long since clinched by then and should be resting starters.
The Phillies and Brewers can charge all they want, but I think the Cardinals still have a great shot.
*I originally omitted the Reds from the Cardinals schedule. I’m sure they would like to do that too, but alas, they have to play the games.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)