Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
I know the Cardinals are crumbling like a cookie right now, but there is hope in store. The upcoming schedule:
Four games against the equally crumbling Dodgers;
- Three games against the Houston LoLStros;
- Three games against the Chicago Cubs; and
- Three more games against the LoLStros again.
Yes, they end against the Nationals and the Reds,* but both of those teams will have long since clinched by then and should be resting starters.
The Phillies and Brewers can charge all they want, but I think the Cardinals still have a great shot.
*I originally omitted the Reds from the Cardinals schedule. I’m sure they would like to do that too, but alas, they have to play the games.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)