Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
I know the Cardinals are crumbling like a cookie right now, but there is hope in store. The upcoming schedule:
Four games against the equally crumbling Dodgers;
- Three games against the Houston LoLStros;
- Three games against the Chicago Cubs; and
- Three more games against the LoLStros again.
Yes, they end against the Nationals and the Reds,* but both of those teams will have long since clinched by then and should be resting starters.
The Phillies and Brewers can charge all they want, but I think the Cardinals still have a great shot.
*I originally omitted the Reds from the Cardinals schedule. I’m sure they would like to do that too, but alas, they have to play the games.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)