Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
I know the Cardinals are crumbling like a cookie right now, but there is hope in store. The upcoming schedule:
Four games against the equally crumbling Dodgers;
- Three games against the Houston LoLStros;
- Three games against the Chicago Cubs; and
- Three more games against the LoLStros again.
Yes, they end against the Nationals and the Reds,* but both of those teams will have long since clinched by then and should be resting starters.
The Phillies and Brewers can charge all they want, but I think the Cardinals still have a great shot.
*I originally omitted the Reds from the Cardinals schedule. I’m sure they would like to do that too, but alas, they have to play the games.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8