Sep 13, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
UPDATE: Change of plans, as Beltre apparently talked manager Ron Washington into letting him be the Rangers’ designated hitter tonight.
Adrian Beltre is not in the Rangers’ lineup tonight after leaving last night’s game with a shoulder injury, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no structural damage.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Beltre could be available off the bench, so Rangers fans can probably stop holding their breath now.
By combining his usual excellent defense with an OPS around .900 for the third straight season Beltre is once again one of the best, most underrated all-around players in the league. He’s hitting .318 with 32 homers and 92 RBIs in 138 games and should win his fourth Gold Glove award this year.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)