Sep 13, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
UPDATE: Change of plans, as Beltre apparently talked manager Ron Washington into letting him be the Rangers’ designated hitter tonight.
Adrian Beltre is not in the Rangers’ lineup tonight after leaving last night’s game with a shoulder injury, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no structural damage.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Beltre could be available off the bench, so Rangers fans can probably stop holding their breath now.
By combining his usual excellent defense with an OPS around .900 for the third straight season Beltre is once again one of the best, most underrated all-around players in the league. He’s hitting .318 with 32 homers and 92 RBIs in 138 games and should win his fourth Gold Glove award this year.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 22
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)