NBC SportsTalk: The wild, wild NL wild card

Sep 13, 2012, 9:13 AM EST

NBC SportsTalk

Joe Sheehan and I were on NBC SportsTalk last night, talking about those crazy Brewers and Phillies. Of the two teams who may shock the baseball world, Joe likes the Phillies. I said that I still think the Cards will turn it around, but that between the hard-chargers, I liked the Brewers. Of course I’ve changed my mind about ten times since this aired last night. And likely will do so ten more times in the next few days.

That may make me wishy-washy, but I freakin’ love the fact that we have so much chaos going on right now that it inspires such wishy washiness. Means there’s some exciting baseball happening.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. drunkenhooliganism - Sep 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I feel like I’m reading classy sports journalism when the ad preceding the video is for a Lexus and not the typical sports based ad of boner pills.

2. delawarephilliesfan - Sep 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM

“Joe likes the Phillies. I said that I still think the Cards will turn it around”

Not saying you’re right, not saying you are wrong. Just saying you wrote the Giants off for Dead in 2010, so I am loving the reverse black cat!

3. mute617 - Sep 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Nobody on this site likes the Brewers. Even when they’re winning they get no talk. Pretty soon I’ll give up, just like I did with the world wide leader… Which I haven’t watched in over a year (except for MNF)

• chill1184 - Sep 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I’m liking the Brew Crew personally and I haven’t watched the Ministry of Truth since 2000.

• TrueBrewCrew.com - Sep 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I read this site everyday but rarely comment, but since you think nobody likes the Brewers made me comment hahah!

Lets go Brewers! It’s gonna be tough to get the last wild card slot but if they continue playing like this anything is possible… Brewers last 6 games are in Milwaukee against the Astros and Padres but they have a tough road tip coming up against Pirates, Reds and Washington. It will be interesting to say the least.

4. skids003 - Sep 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Craig’s pick is……. whoever wins!!!

5. phillyphannn83 - Sep 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Craig just can’t pick the Phillies, it goes against his very nature and reasons for living.

• Craig Calcaterra - Sep 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I picked the Phillies to win the NL East this year.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. J. Kang (2785)
  2. W. Myers (2543)
  3. D. Ross (2208)
  4. C. McGehee (2129)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (1983)
  1. J. Shields (1886)