Sep 13, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
“I check on him,” Johnson said. “I told him yesterday, to give him something to think about, I said, ‘Keep taking batting practice. I might need your bat. If I can’t use your arm, I’ll use your bat’ … I’m serious, yeah.”
Well, he’s not nearly the liability at the plate that most pitchers are so I suppose there are worse ideas. Also:
Strasburg made his final start of the season five days ago, but already he has become antsy with no more starts to look forward to. During the Nationals’ series in New York, Strasburg has shagged batting practice in center field, mostly standing by himself.
Nothin’ can go wrong out there, of course.
Seriously, though, Nats fans had better hope that the baseball gods aren’t suffering from an irony deficit disorder these days, because the target, it is so big right now.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)