Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
The White Sox rotation is rather fluid these days.
The other day, they decided to go with Hector Santiago — who was once this team’s closer – Jose Quintana and Jake Peavy as their starters this weekend, eschewing Francisco Liriano. Then, last night, Santiago threw 49 pitches in relief. So now, Dan Hayes reports, Francisco Liriano appears to be back in line to start for the White Sox on Friday night. Liriano pitched in relief on Tuesday, by the way.
Hey, whoever’s fresh, right?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)