Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
The White Sox rotation is rather fluid these days.
The other day, they decided to go with Hector Santiago — who was once this team’s closer — Jose Quintana and Jake Peavy as their starters this weekend, eschewing Francisco Liriano. Then, last night, Santiago threw 49 pitches in relief. So now, Dan Hayes reports, Francisco Liriano appears to be back in line to start for the White Sox on Friday night. Liriano pitched in relief on Tuesday, by the way.
Hey, whoever’s fresh, right?
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)