Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
The White Sox rotation is rather fluid these days.
The other day, they decided to go with Hector Santiago — who was once this team’s closer — Jose Quintana and Jake Peavy as their starters this weekend, eschewing Francisco Liriano. Then, last night, Santiago threw 49 pitches in relief. So now, Dan Hayes reports, Francisco Liriano appears to be back in line to start for the White Sox on Friday night. Liriano pitched in relief on Tuesday, by the way.
Hey, whoever’s fresh, right?
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)