Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 PM EST
As you can see, Beckett did run out of the box, and he only pulled up at the end when he realized the throw was going to beat him. It wasn’t a lack of hustle on his part; it was just the combination of a well-hit ball, a slow runner, and a very good throw from an excellent outfielder who was playing shallow.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)