Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
As you can see, Beckett did run out of the box, and he only pulled up at the end when he realized the throw was going to beat him. It wasn’t a lack of hustle on his part; it was just the combination of a well-hit ball, a slow runner, and a very good throw from an excellent outfielder who was playing shallow.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)