Sep 14, 2012, 11:12 PM EST
“Everybody was really excited to see him and I think he was very excited to see us, too,” reliever Jerry Blevins said. “There’s just nothing that compares to the clubhouse atmosphere and just having him back and being around the guys, it’s hard to beat that.”
To mark the occasion, Jonny Gomes presented McCarthy with an A’s batting helmet signed by his teammates with “heads up” written on the bill.
McCarthy suffered an epidural hemorrhage, brain contusion and skull fracture nine days ago when he was hit by an Erick Aybar liner.
“He looks normal, he’s just got a buzzed head and a cool scar,” Blevins said. “He looks a lot tougher than he did.”
McCarthy didn’t make himself available to the media today, but he’s still tweeting up a storm.
With this sweet new haircut and homemade Bane mask I'm off for a big day of yelling at tourists in Union Square.—
Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 13, 2012
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)