Sep 14, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Here’s some rough news for the Dodgers, who begin play tonight 7 1/2 games behind the Giants in the National League West and two games back in the Wild Card race.
Kershaw was scratched from a start last Sunday due to hip inflammation. The southpaw limited the Diamondbacks to an unearned run over seven innings two days later, but was unable to throw a bullpen session Thursday and had to shut things down after just a couple of throws while trying to play catch earlier today. Mattingly isn’t ready to rule him out yet, but it’s obviously a bad sign that this is a lingering issue.
Kershaw is 12-9 with a 2.70 ERA and 206/53 K/BB ratio in 206 2/3 innings over 30 starts this year. He currently ranks second in the National League in ERA and first in strikeouts and innings pitched.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)