Sep 14, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Here’s some rough news for the Dodgers, who begin play tonight 7 1/2 games behind the Giants in the National League West and two games back in the Wild Card race.
Kershaw was scratched from a start last Sunday due to hip inflammation. The southpaw limited the Diamondbacks to an unearned run over seven innings two days later, but was unable to throw a bullpen session Thursday and had to shut things down after just a couple of throws while trying to play catch earlier today. Mattingly isn’t ready to rule him out yet, but it’s obviously a bad sign that this is a lingering issue.
Kershaw is 12-9 with a 2.70 ERA and 206/53 K/BB ratio in 206 2/3 innings over 30 starts this year. He currently ranks second in the National League in ERA and first in strikeouts and innings pitched.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)