Sep 14, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Here’s some rough news for the Dodgers, who begin play tonight 7 1/2 games behind the Giants in the National League West and two games back in the Wild Card race.
Kershaw was scratched from a start last Sunday due to hip inflammation. The southpaw limited the Diamondbacks to an unearned run over seven innings two days later, but was unable to throw a bullpen session Thursday and had to shut things down after just a couple of throws while trying to play catch earlier today. Mattingly isn’t ready to rule him out yet, but it’s obviously a bad sign that this is a lingering issue.
Kershaw is 12-9 with a 2.70 ERA and 206/53 K/BB ratio in 206 2/3 innings over 30 starts this year. He currently ranks second in the National League in ERA and first in strikeouts and innings pitched.
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)