Sep 14, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Here’s some rough news for the Dodgers, who begin play tonight 7 1/2 games behind the Giants in the National League West and two games back in the Wild Card race.
Kershaw was scratched from a start last Sunday due to hip inflammation. The southpaw limited the Diamondbacks to an unearned run over seven innings two days later, but was unable to throw a bullpen session Thursday and had to shut things down after just a couple of throws while trying to play catch earlier today. Mattingly isn’t ready to rule him out yet, but it’s obviously a bad sign that this is a lingering issue.
Kershaw is 12-9 with a 2.70 ERA and 206/53 K/BB ratio in 206 2/3 innings over 30 starts this year. He currently ranks second in the National League in ERA and first in strikeouts and innings pitched.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)