Sep 14, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Donnie Murphy suffered a concussion Wednesday when Chase Utley‘s leg hit his head during a slide at second base and today manager Ozzie Guillen said the Marlins utility man is not expected to play again this season.
Murphy actually remained in the game after the collision with Utley, flying out in an at-bat the next inning, but then exited and apparently hasn’t felt well since.
Murphy has already appeared in a career-high 50 games and would have surpassed his career-high for plate appearances as well if not for the concussion, but he’s hit just .205 with a .640 OPS while seeing action at shortstop, second base, and third base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (132)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)