Sep 14, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Donnie Murphy suffered a concussion Wednesday when Chase Utley‘s leg hit his head during a slide at second base and today manager Ozzie Guillen said the Marlins utility man is not expected to play again this season.
Murphy actually remained in the game after the collision with Utley, flying out in an at-bat the next inning, but then exited and apparently hasn’t felt well since.
Murphy has already appeared in a career-high 50 games and would have surpassed his career-high for plate appearances as well if not for the concussion, but he’s hit just .205 with a .640 OPS while seeing action at shortstop, second base, and third base.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)