Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Some Tigers fan wants Jim Leyland fired, apparently. So he showed up to the Tigers-White sox games holding a “Fire Leyland” sign. Miguel Cabrera has his managers’ back, however, and took the sign from him.
Watch the video and you can hear the sign guy giving Cabrera a mildly hard time about him taking the sign, though it does seem he’s enjoying the attention. Then you can hear him asking Cabrera about Ryan Raburn being in the Tigers lineup in a pennant race.
Jeez. I’m all for questioning a manager’s decisiosn and even advocating for him being canned, but really, what possible purpose does this crap serve at a game when Cabrera is just trying to sign autographs and other fans are trying to enjoy themselves? What does he expect to accomplish here other than to annoy the hell out of Cabrera? Take your anonymously courageous self to the Internet for that business and just let other people enjoy themselves.
In other news, if you’re a Tigers fan and you don’t call your fantasy team The Anonymously Courageous next year, you’re doing it wrong.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11