Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Some Tigers fan wants Jim Leyland fired, apparently. So he showed up to the Tigers-White sox games holding a “Fire Leyland” sign. Miguel Cabrera has his managers’ back, however, and took the sign from him.
Watch the video and you can hear the sign guy giving Cabrera a mildly hard time about him taking the sign, though it does seem he’s enjoying the attention. Then you can hear him asking Cabrera about Ryan Raburn being in the Tigers lineup in a pennant race.
Jeez. I’m all for questioning a manager’s decisiosn and even advocating for him being canned, but really, what possible purpose does this crap serve at a game when Cabrera is just trying to sign autographs and other fans are trying to enjoy themselves? What does he expect to accomplish here other than to annoy the hell out of Cabrera? Take your anonymously courageous self to the Internet for that business and just let other people enjoy themselves.
In other news, if you’re a Tigers fan and you don’t call your fantasy team The Anonymously Courageous next year, you’re doing it wrong.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)