Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Some Tigers fan wants Jim Leyland fired, apparently. So he showed up to the Tigers-White sox games holding a “Fire Leyland” sign. Miguel Cabrera has his managers’ back, however, and took the sign from him.
Watch the video and you can hear the sign guy giving Cabrera a mildly hard time about him taking the sign, though it does seem he’s enjoying the attention. Then you can hear him asking Cabrera about Ryan Raburn being in the Tigers lineup in a pennant race.
Jeez. I’m all for questioning a manager’s decisiosn and even advocating for him being canned, but really, what possible purpose does this crap serve at a game when Cabrera is just trying to sign autographs and other fans are trying to enjoy themselves? What does he expect to accomplish here other than to annoy the hell out of Cabrera? Take your anonymously courageous self to the Internet for that business and just let other people enjoy themselves.
In other news, if you’re a Tigers fan and you don’t call your fantasy team The Anonymously Courageous next year, you’re doing it wrong.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)