Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Some Tigers fan wants Jim Leyland fired, apparently. So he showed up to the Tigers-White sox games holding a “Fire Leyland” sign. Miguel Cabrera has his managers’ back, however, and took the sign from him.
Watch the video and you can hear the sign guy giving Cabrera a mildly hard time about him taking the sign, though it does seem he’s enjoying the attention. Then you can hear him asking Cabrera about Ryan Raburn being in the Tigers lineup in a pennant race.
Jeez. I’m all for questioning a manager’s decisiosn and even advocating for him being canned, but really, what possible purpose does this crap serve at a game when Cabrera is just trying to sign autographs and other fans are trying to enjoy themselves? What does he expect to accomplish here other than to annoy the hell out of Cabrera? Take your anonymously courageous self to the Internet for that business and just let other people enjoy themselves.
In other news, if you’re a Tigers fan and you don’t call your fantasy team The Anonymously Courageous next year, you’re doing it wrong.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)