Sep 14, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
A man reportedly shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot hours before Friday’s scheduled Angels-Royals game.
Police told the Kansas City Star the victim worked in the parking lot and was on duty when the gunman, believed to be her boyfriend or former boyfriend, approached with a gun. She was shot once in the abdomen before the gunman returned to his vehicle and killed himself. The woman is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery at a Kansas City hospital.
The parking lots at Kauffman were closed after the incident but have now reopened, and tonight’s game is set to proceed as scheduled.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)