Sep 14, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
A man reportedly shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot hours before Friday’s scheduled Angels-Royals game.
Police told the Kansas City Star the victim worked in the parking lot and was on duty when the gunman, believed to be her boyfriend or former boyfriend, approached with a gun. She was shot once in the abdomen before the gunman returned to his vehicle and killed himself. The woman is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery at a Kansas City hospital.
The parking lots at Kauffman were closed after the incident but have now reopened, and tonight’s game is set to proceed as scheduled.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 32
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 42
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 139
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (141)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (140)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)