Royals game on despite attempted murder/suicide in parking lot

Sep 14, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT

Kauffman Stadium AP

A man reportedly shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot hours before Friday’s scheduled Angels-Royals game.

Police told the Kansas City Star the victim worked in the parking lot and was on duty when the gunman, believed to be her boyfriend or former boyfriend, approached with a gun. She was shot once in the abdomen before the gunman returned to his vehicle and killed himself. The woman is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery at a Kansas City hospital.

The parking lots at Kauffman were closed after the incident but have now reopened, and tonight’s game is set to proceed as scheduled.

1. aklolzer - Sep 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Lol, fuckin idiot cant even get that right.

• dondada10 - Sep 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM

There’s good attention and bad attention. They teach that to children in the 1st grade.

• Glenn - Sep 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

LOL? Not exactly my response to a murder-suicide attempt.

2. sjtorpitt - Sep 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

@aklolzer, haha how do you fail at an easy murder? Has the guy heard of a headshot?

3. fulanekiffin - Sep 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Yeah that’s really something to laugh about akolzer. Fucking idiot.

4. sjtorpitt - Sep 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Mr. Serious over here

• Jeremy T - Sep 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Umm… yeah. Some things are worth being serious about.

5. jkcalhoun - Sep 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Report from the wife of one of the ushers at the K:

My husband just called from the K.
    He just arrived for his usher shift and said when he entered he drove by the car with the guy’s body still sitting in the driver’s seat. He (my husband) sounded a bit upset.

We just had the support staff picnic on Tuesday night with all the ushers, parking attendants, tickets sellers and families. I feel sick, although I’m sure I wouldn’t know the involved parties. The only one of the parking attendants I know is not a woman, so I know he wasn’t the one targeted.

Ugh. I am going to tonight’s game. Thought about changing my plans, but it’s as close as I’m gonna get to spending the evening with my husband which is suddenly all I really want to do.

Serious? Yes. These are real people, not video game avatars.

• raysfan1 - Sep 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Well put. Sad that some think this is something to laugh about.

6. drewsylvania - Sep 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

More disrespect for both the living and the dead.

7. steelers6pack - Sep 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Was it George Brett or Willie Mays Aikens?

• badintent - Sep 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

@steelerMaddog20/20
      Bend over, grab your ankles and have James Harrison ram you with his little head (which is his/yours big head) And while we’re at it, have Troy closeline you, break your wind pipe, so you don’t use my air. Catch my drift.? Your team can’t even beat at team with a 37 old year QB with 4 neck operations. Wait till the Ravens use your team for a door mat.Twice over.

8. pooinyourface - Sep 15, 2012 at 4:16 AM