Sep 14, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
A man reportedly shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot hours before Friday’s scheduled Angels-Royals game.
Police told the Kansas City Star the victim worked in the parking lot and was on duty when the gunman, believed to be her boyfriend or former boyfriend, approached with a gun. She was shot once in the abdomen before the gunman returned to his vehicle and killed himself. The woman is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery at a Kansas City hospital.
The parking lots at Kauffman were closed after the incident but have now reopened, and tonight’s game is set to proceed as scheduled.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)