Sep 14, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
A man reportedly shot and wounded a woman and then killed himself in the Kauffman Stadium parking lot hours before Friday’s scheduled Angels-Royals game.
Police told the Kansas City Star the victim worked in the parking lot and was on duty when the gunman, believed to be her boyfriend or former boyfriend, approached with a gun. She was shot once in the abdomen before the gunman returned to his vehicle and killed himself. The woman is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery at a Kansas City hospital.
The parking lots at Kauffman were closed after the incident but have now reopened, and tonight’s game is set to proceed as scheduled.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69