Sep 15, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen returned to Twitter earlier this month after taking a few months off. It didn’t take him long to create some controversy.
After the Marlins defeated the Reds 4-0 last night behind an excellent pitching performance by rookie Jacob Turner, Guillen unleashed the following Tweets in the direction of ESPN’s Buster Olney. This is a family-friendly blog, so I had to make a pretty key edit.
“buster olney u so full a (expletive) whit u stupid comments about the miami team we still play hard we yes no win games i think u no watch.”
“i think u no watch our games if u say iam bad manager is ok but u ever say my team give up”
Olney didn’t respond to Guillen publicly, but he wrote on Twitter this morning that he referenced the opinion of rival evaluators in two recent articles. The most recent one was on Thursday, where Olney wrote that “the perception among some rival evaluators that the team has not been competitive.”
Olney also wrote that ownership hasn’t excluded Guillen from an organizational evaluation that will take place down the stretch, even though he’s in the first year of a four-year contract. Paranoid and defensive ramblings on Twitter aren’t going to help his cause.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)