Sep 15, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen returned to Twitter earlier this month after taking a few months off. It didn’t take him long to create some controversy.
After the Marlins defeated the Reds 4-0 last night behind an excellent pitching performance by rookie Jacob Turner, Guillen unleashed the following Tweets in the direction of ESPN’s Buster Olney. This is a family-friendly blog, so I had to make a pretty key edit.
“buster olney u so full a (expletive) whit u stupid comments about the miami team we still play hard we yes no win games i think u no watch.”
“i think u no watch our games if u say iam bad manager is ok but u ever say my team give up”
Olney didn’t respond to Guillen publicly, but he wrote on Twitter this morning that he referenced the opinion of rival evaluators in two recent articles. The most recent one was on Thursday, where Olney wrote that “the perception among some rival evaluators that the team has not been competitive.”
Olney also wrote that ownership hasn’t excluded Guillen from an organizational evaluation that will take place down the stretch, even though he’s in the first year of a four-year contract. Paranoid and defensive ramblings on Twitter aren’t going to help his cause.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)