Sep 15, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen returned to Twitter earlier this month after taking a few months off. It didn’t take him long to create some controversy.
After the Marlins defeated the Reds 4-0 last night behind an excellent pitching performance by rookie Jacob Turner, Guillen unleashed the following Tweets in the direction of ESPN’s Buster Olney. This is a family-friendly blog, so I had to make a pretty key edit.
“buster olney u so full a (expletive) whit u stupid comments about the miami team we still play hard we yes no win games i think u no watch.”
“i think u no watch our games if u say iam bad manager is ok but u ever say my team give up”
Olney didn’t respond to Guillen publicly, but he wrote on Twitter this morning that he referenced the opinion of rival evaluators in two recent articles. The most recent one was on Thursday, where Olney wrote that “the perception among some rival evaluators that the team has not been competitive.”
Olney also wrote that ownership hasn’t excluded Guillen from an organizational evaluation that will take place down the stretch, even though he’s in the first year of a four-year contract. Paranoid and defensive ramblings on Twitter aren’t going to help his cause.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)