Sep 15, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen returned to Twitter earlier this month after taking a few months off. It didn’t take him long to create some controversy.
After the Marlins defeated the Reds 4-0 last night behind an excellent pitching performance by rookie Jacob Turner, Guillen unleashed the following Tweets in the direction of ESPN’s Buster Olney. This is a family-friendly blog, so I had to make a pretty key edit.
“buster olney u so full a (expletive) whit u stupid comments about the miami team we still play hard we yes no win games i think u no watch.”
“i think u no watch our games if u say iam bad manager is ok but u ever say my team give up”
Olney didn’t respond to Guillen publicly, but he wrote on Twitter this morning that he referenced the opinion of rival evaluators in two recent articles. The most recent one was on Thursday, where Olney wrote that “the perception among some rival evaluators that the team has not been competitive.”
Olney also wrote that ownership hasn’t excluded Guillen from an organizational evaluation that will take place down the stretch, even though he’s in the first year of a four-year contract. Paranoid and defensive ramblings on Twitter aren’t going to help his cause.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)