Sep 15, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
While it’s not quite on the level of Nick Markakis‘ thumb injury, the Orioles did get some bad news after last night’s loss to the Athletics.
Betemit missed two and a half weeks with a sore wrist before returning on September 1, so a similar injury would knock him out for the rest of the regular season. He should get a better idea on the timeline after seeing a hand specialist in Florida on Monday.
“It’s frustrating. Everything is going good for us, and this happens to me. We’ll see what happens. I am going to Sarasota, [Fla.], and we’ll see Monday [what] they tell me.”
Betemit, 30, is batting .261/.322/.422 with 12 home runs, 40 RBI and a .744 OPS in 102 games played this season. The switch-hitter has an .859 OPS against right-handed pitching.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)