Sep 15, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
While it’s not quite on the level of Nick Markakis‘ thumb injury, the Orioles did get some bad news after last night’s loss to the Athletics.
Betemit missed two and a half weeks with a sore wrist before returning on September 1, so a similar injury would knock him out for the rest of the regular season. He should get a better idea on the timeline after seeing a hand specialist in Florida on Monday.
“It’s frustrating. Everything is going good for us, and this happens to me. We’ll see what happens. I am going to Sarasota, [Fla.], and we’ll see Monday [what] they tell me.”
Betemit, 30, is batting .261/.322/.422 with 12 home runs, 40 RBI and a .744 OPS in 102 games played this season. The switch-hitter has an .859 OPS against right-handed pitching.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)