Sep 15, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
While it’s not quite on the level of Nick Markakis‘ thumb injury, the Orioles did get some bad news after last night’s loss to the Athletics.
Betemit missed two and a half weeks with a sore wrist before returning on September 1, so a similar injury would knock him out for the rest of the regular season. He should get a better idea on the timeline after seeing a hand specialist in Florida on Monday.
“It’s frustrating. Everything is going good for us, and this happens to me. We’ll see what happens. I am going to Sarasota, [Fla.], and we’ll see Monday [what] they tell me.”
Betemit, 30, is batting .261/.322/.422 with 12 home runs, 40 RBI and a .744 OPS in 102 games played this season. The switch-hitter has an .859 OPS against right-handed pitching.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (119)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights