Sep 15, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
While it’s not quite on the level of Nick Markakis‘ thumb injury, the Orioles did get some bad news after last night’s loss to the Athletics.
Betemit missed two and a half weeks with a sore wrist before returning on September 1, so a similar injury would knock him out for the rest of the regular season. He should get a better idea on the timeline after seeing a hand specialist in Florida on Monday.
“It’s frustrating. Everything is going good for us, and this happens to me. We’ll see what happens. I am going to Sarasota, [Fla.], and we’ll see Monday [what] they tell me.”
Betemit, 30, is batting .261/.322/.422 with 12 home runs, 40 RBI and a .744 OPS in 102 games played this season. The switch-hitter has an .859 OPS against right-handed pitching.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)