Sep 16, 2012, 2:51 PM EST
Pettitte told reporters this morning that when he initially came out of retirement it was strictly a one-year thing, but the injury and lack of innings this season “definitely gives me the option to consider coming back again next year, that’s for sure.”
How he performs down the stretch will likely be a factor, of course, but before taking a line drive off his ankle Pettitte was looking like his old self with a 3.22 ERA and 59/15 K/BB ratio in 59 innings.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)