Sep 16, 2012, 10:35 AM EDT
Based on the comments I get about Red Sox articles around here, there are a lot of you who believe that Larry Lucchino is part of, if not the source of, the chronic dysfunction in Boston. If you’re in that camp, bad news my friends:
Red Sox owner John Henry said Thursday that team president and CEO Larry Lucchino will be back with the team in 2013 and that he has signed a contract extension … Earlier Thursday, also on WEEI, Lucchino hinted he’d be around a while.
“I love it here. I love Boston,” he said. “This is the place I call home. I hope to be here for the foreseeable future.”
Not surprising. And probably not the biggest deal on he planet. It’s not like there wasn’t dysfunction in Boston before Lucchino got there. And it’s not like there hasn’t been great success while he was there as well. If the Sox win, you never read his name in the paper and never hear it on the radio. If they lose, you do.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32