Sep 16, 2012, 10:35 AM EST
Based on the comments I get about Red Sox articles around here, there are a lot of you who believe that Larry Lucchino is part of, if not the source of, the chronic dysfunction in Boston. If you’re in that camp, bad news my friends:
Red Sox owner John Henry said Thursday that team president and CEO Larry Lucchino will be back with the team in 2013 and that he has signed a contract extension … Earlier Thursday, also on WEEI, Lucchino hinted he’d be around a while.
“I love it here. I love Boston,” he said. “This is the place I call home. I hope to be here for the foreseeable future.”
Not surprising. And probably not the biggest deal on he planet. It’s not like there wasn’t dysfunction in Boston before Lucchino got there. And it’s not like there hasn’t been great success while he was there as well. If the Sox win, you never read his name in the paper and never hear it on the radio. If they lose, you do.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)