Sep 16, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
I guess you can give kudos to Matt Kemp here for not giving up on the play and throwing out Yadier Molina last night. But dude, whoever was responsible for Yadier Molina trying to stretch this into a triple needs to re-think things.
Yadier has three career triples. I’m going to assume that on all three of them, the outfielders making plays on those hits broke their legs or were swallowed by crocodiles in the process or something, thus allowing Molina to make it to third.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)