Sep 17, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
The Tigers will be without their starting catcher today as Alex Avila is still apparently feeling the effects of his collision with Prince Fielder today — who wouldn’t be? — and is being held out of the Tigers-White Sox game.
The good news: it appears to only be a sore jaw, not a concussion, meaning that Avila should be back soon.
But really, I can’t think of anyone in baseball who takes a bigger beating that Avila. It’s always something, and on top of that is the fact that he hasn’t had as many days off as most starting catcher get down the stretch the past couple of years.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)