Sep 17, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was scratched from yesterday’s scheduled start with a hip injury and will be examined by a specialist tomorrow to determine if he needs surgery, leading Dodgers fans to worry that the reigning Cy Young winner might be lost for the remainder of the season.
At this point, however, that might be the least of their concerns, as Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kershaw could miss the beginning of next season as well if he ends up going under the knife to repair a torn hip labrum.
In fact, Hernandez spoke to “people familiar with his condition” who say Kershaw likely wouldn’t be back in the Dodgers’ rotation until at least mid-May if he has the operation.
These next 36 hours or so figure to test Dodgers fans’ breath-holding ability.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)