Sep 17, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was scratched from yesterday’s scheduled start with a hip injury and will be examined by a specialist tomorrow to determine if he needs surgery, leading Dodgers fans to worry that the reigning Cy Young winner might be lost for the remainder of the season.
At this point, however, that might be the least of their concerns, as Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kershaw could miss the beginning of next season as well if he ends up going under the knife to repair a torn hip labrum.
In fact, Hernandez spoke to “people familiar with his condition” who say Kershaw likely wouldn’t be back in the Dodgers’ rotation until at least mid-May if he has the operation.
These next 36 hours or so figure to test Dodgers fans’ breath-holding ability.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)