Sep 17, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was able to play Sunday after tweaking his right side during an at-bat Saturday, going 1-for-3 with two walks, but the Marlins right fielder is still sore enough that he’s out of the lineup tonight.
Stanton told Joe Frisaro of MLB.com that he expects to be back in the lineup tomorrow, but Frisaro speculates that the Marlins will hold him out again as a precaution.
It’ll be the 31st game Stanton has missed this season because of injuries, yet he still ranks second among NL hitters with 32 homers.
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 1
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 75
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)