Sep 17, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was able to play Sunday after tweaking his right side during an at-bat Saturday, going 1-for-3 with two walks, but the Marlins right fielder is still sore enough that he’s out of the lineup tonight.
Stanton told Joe Frisaro of MLB.com that he expects to be back in the lineup tomorrow, but Frisaro speculates that the Marlins will hold him out again as a precaution.
It’ll be the 31st game Stanton has missed this season because of injuries, yet he still ranks second among NL hitters with 32 homers.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires