Sep 17, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was able to play Sunday after tweaking his right side during an at-bat Saturday, going 1-for-3 with two walks, but the Marlins right fielder is still sore enough that he’s out of the lineup tonight.
Stanton told Joe Frisaro of MLB.com that he expects to be back in the lineup tomorrow, but Frisaro speculates that the Marlins will hold him out again as a precaution.
It’ll be the 31st game Stanton has missed this season because of injuries, yet he still ranks second among NL hitters with 32 homers.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)