Sep 17, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was able to play Sunday after tweaking his right side during an at-bat Saturday, going 1-for-3 with two walks, but the Marlins right fielder is still sore enough that he’s out of the lineup tonight.
Stanton told Joe Frisaro of MLB.com that he expects to be back in the lineup tomorrow, but Frisaro speculates that the Marlins will hold him out again as a precaution.
It’ll be the 31st game Stanton has missed this season because of injuries, yet he still ranks second among NL hitters with 32 homers.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)