Sep 18, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
Albert Pujols played Sunday after his wife gave birth early that morning, but he’s not in the lineup for Tuesday’s game against the Rangers. Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times says it’s “believed” that he’s back in St. Louis with his wife.
Pujols’s wife gave birth to the couple’s fifth child and third daughter at 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Oddly enough, that day came nine months and 10 days after Pujols inked his $254 million contract with the Angels.
Pujols’ absence comes with the Angels opening up a three-game series against the Rangers at home tonight. They’re 7 1/2 games back of Texas, 4 1/2 games back of Oakland and three games back of the second wild card with 15 games left to play.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)