Sep 18, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
UPDATE: And now it doesn’t matter anyway, as the game has been postponed to tomorrow and Harvey will start.
There’s bad weather in the forecast for tonight’s Mets-Phillies game in New York, so if they actually play Mets rookie Matt Harvey has been scratched from his scheduled start and replaced by Jeremy Hefner.
This was supposed to be Harvey’s final start of the season before being shut down to limit his workload, so the Mets don’t want him pitching in the rain or having to sit through delays.
On the other hand, imagine being Hefner and knowing that the only reason you’re starting tonight is that your team cares significantly less about what happens to you and your right arm than they do about Harvey and his right arm.
And rightfully so, of course, but it’s still gotta be an odd feeling.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)