Sep 18, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
UPDATE: And now it doesn’t matter anyway, as the game has been postponed to tomorrow and Harvey will start.
There’s bad weather in the forecast for tonight’s Mets-Phillies game in New York, so if they actually play Mets rookie Matt Harvey has been scratched from his scheduled start and replaced by Jeremy Hefner.
This was supposed to be Harvey’s final start of the season before being shut down to limit his workload, so the Mets don’t want him pitching in the rain or having to sit through delays.
On the other hand, imagine being Hefner and knowing that the only reason you’re starting tonight is that your team cares significantly less about what happens to you and your right arm than they do about Harvey and his right arm.
And rightfully so, of course, but it’s still gotta be an odd feeling.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)