Sep 18, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
UPDATE: And now it doesn’t matter anyway, as the game has been postponed to tomorrow and Harvey will start.
There’s bad weather in the forecast for tonight’s Mets-Phillies game in New York, so if they actually play Mets rookie Matt Harvey has been scratched from his scheduled start and replaced by Jeremy Hefner.
This was supposed to be Harvey’s final start of the season before being shut down to limit his workload, so the Mets don’t want him pitching in the rain or having to sit through delays.
On the other hand, imagine being Hefner and knowing that the only reason you’re starting tonight is that your team cares significantly less about what happens to you and your right arm than they do about Harvey and his right arm.
And rightfully so, of course, but it’s still gotta be an odd feeling.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)