Sep 18, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
UPDATE: And now it doesn’t matter anyway, as the game has been postponed to tomorrow and Harvey will start.
There’s bad weather in the forecast for tonight’s Mets-Phillies game in New York, so if they actually play Mets rookie Matt Harvey has been scratched from his scheduled start and replaced by Jeremy Hefner.
This was supposed to be Harvey’s final start of the season before being shut down to limit his workload, so the Mets don’t want him pitching in the rain or having to sit through delays.
On the other hand, imagine being Hefner and knowing that the only reason you’re starting tonight is that your team cares significantly less about what happens to you and your right arm than they do about Harvey and his right arm.
And rightfully so, of course, but it’s still gotta be an odd feeling.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles