Sep 18, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
UPDATE: And now it doesn’t matter anyway, as the game has been postponed to tomorrow and Harvey will start.
There’s bad weather in the forecast for tonight’s Mets-Phillies game in New York, so if they actually play Mets rookie Matt Harvey has been scratched from his scheduled start and replaced by Jeremy Hefner.
This was supposed to be Harvey’s final start of the season before being shut down to limit his workload, so the Mets don’t want him pitching in the rain or having to sit through delays.
On the other hand, imagine being Hefner and knowing that the only reason you’re starting tonight is that your team cares significantly less about what happens to you and your right arm than they do about Harvey and his right arm.
And rightfully so, of course, but it’s still gotta be an odd feeling.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)