Sep 18, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
Former MLB Network reporter and current CSNNE anchor Trenni Kusnierek discusses dealing with depression in a feature on MilwaukeeMag.com.
Based on her TV appearances, one would peg Kusnierek as just about the last person to deal with depression, but that’s one reason why she wanted to tell her story. She said she decided to talk about her history with the illness after Junior Seau’s suicide earlier this year.
“Just understanding a little bit of what he must have been going through, and people not understanding,” she said. “Then thinking they’ll never understand because he’s dead. If people aren’t willing to talk about it, how can we move forward?”
Kusnierek also talks about starting and stopping antidepressants. After her “amicable divorce” with MLB Network in 2010, she tried stopping them again, but said she knew within two weeks it was the wrong decision. “Maybe I’m just a person who needs to be on medication for the rest of my life,” she said.
After a couple of years back at home in Milwaukee, Kusnierek just relocated to Boston to start a job with CSNNE this month. “I feel infinitely different about this move. I’m mature enough this time to leave,” she said. “I even talked to my therapist about it. She said, ‘You had to go through all of that.’ Sometimes, you have to go through really sh**ty stuff to get to a better place.”
You can read the full piece here.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)