Sep 18, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI taken Monday on Espinosa’s shoulder revealed only a bone bruise and no hint of structural damge. He was given a cortisone shot and is aiming to return to the Nationals’ lineup for at least one half of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the Dodgers.
Espinosa is batting .250/.315/.407 with 16 home runs, 34 doubles, 19 stolen bases and 52 RBI through 603 plate appearances this season. Despite a National League-leading 174 strikeouts, the slick-fielding 25-year-old has played a significant role in the first-plate Nats’ 2012 success.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)