Sep 18, 2012, 11:09 PM EST
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI taken Monday on Espinosa’s shoulder revealed only a bone bruise and no hint of structural damge. He was given a cortisone shot and is aiming to return to the Nationals’ lineup for at least one half of Wednesday’s doubleheader with the Dodgers.
Espinosa is batting .250/.315/.407 with 16 home runs, 34 doubles, 19 stolen bases and 52 RBI through 603 plate appearances this season. Despite a National League-leading 174 strikeouts, the slick-fielding 25-year-old has played a significant role in the first-plate Nats’ 2012 success.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (247)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)