Sep 18, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a strained oblique muscle and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll remain sidelined until at least Friday.
Stanton suffered the injury Saturday and was able to play through the discomfort Sunday while reaching base three times, but at this point there’s no reason for the Marlins to have him playing at less than full strength.
Stanton has hit .283 with a .949 OPS, ranking second in the league with 32 homers despite missing more than a month’s worth of games with injuries already.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot