Sep 18, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a strained oblique muscle and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll remain sidelined until at least Friday.
Stanton suffered the injury Saturday and was able to play through the discomfort Sunday while reaching base three times, but at this point there’s no reason for the Marlins to have him playing at less than full strength.
Stanton has hit .283 with a .949 OPS, ranking second in the league with 32 homers despite missing more than a month’s worth of games with injuries already.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (126)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)