Sep 18, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a strained oblique muscle and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll remain sidelined until at least Friday.
Stanton suffered the injury Saturday and was able to play through the discomfort Sunday while reaching base three times, but at this point there’s no reason for the Marlins to have him playing at less than full strength.
Stanton has hit .283 with a .949 OPS, ranking second in the league with 32 homers despite missing more than a month’s worth of games with injuries already.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 3
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)