Sep 18, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a strained oblique muscle and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll remain sidelined until at least Friday.
Stanton suffered the injury Saturday and was able to play through the discomfort Sunday while reaching base three times, but at this point there’s no reason for the Marlins to have him playing at less than full strength.
Stanton has hit .283 with a .949 OPS, ranking second in the league with 32 homers despite missing more than a month’s worth of games with injuries already.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)