Sep 18, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a strained oblique muscle and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’ll remain sidelined until at least Friday.
Stanton suffered the injury Saturday and was able to play through the discomfort Sunday while reaching base three times, but at this point there’s no reason for the Marlins to have him playing at less than full strength.
Stanton has hit .283 with a .949 OPS, ranking second in the league with 32 homers despite missing more than a month’s worth of games with injuries already.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)