Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Perez landed on the disabled list in late April with a strained left lat muscle, then suffered an ankle sprain when nearing a return to the Cleveland ‘pen around mid-August. And how his shoulder is acting up.
The 30-year-old posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 63 innings last season for the Tribe, holding left-handed batters to a .237/.289/.305 batting line. He topped out at just 7 2/3 frames this year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (110)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)