Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Perez landed on the disabled list in late April with a strained left lat muscle, then suffered an ankle sprain when nearing a return to the Cleveland ‘pen around mid-August. And how his shoulder is acting up.
The 30-year-old posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 63 innings last season for the Tribe, holding left-handed batters to a .237/.289/.305 batting line. He topped out at just 7 2/3 frames this year.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)