Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Perez landed on the disabled list in late April with a strained left lat muscle, then suffered an ankle sprain when nearing a return to the Cleveland ‘pen around mid-August. And how his shoulder is acting up.
The 30-year-old posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 63 innings last season for the Tribe, holding left-handed batters to a .237/.289/.305 batting line. He topped out at just 7 2/3 frames this year.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)