Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Perez landed on the disabled list in late April with a strained left lat muscle, then suffered an ankle sprain when nearing a return to the Cleveland ‘pen around mid-August. And how his shoulder is acting up.
The 30-year-old posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 63 innings last season for the Tribe, holding left-handed batters to a .237/.289/.305 batting line. He topped out at just 7 2/3 frames this year.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)