Sep 18, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Tomorrow night the Marlins are giving away a Jose Reyes bobblehead doll, but the shortstop isn’t thrilled with how it looks.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post describes the amusing scene:
“It doesn’t look like me,” he said. “Not at all. Except for the beard.”
He reached into his locker and pulled out one of the bobblehead dolls and said: “I mean, what do you think?”
I told him I thought it looked sort of like him, but a lot more like Fernando Vina.
For anyone curious, Fernando Vina looks like this.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 20
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 17
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 43
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)