Sep 18, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Tomorrow night the Marlins are giving away a Jose Reyes bobblehead doll, but the shortstop isn’t thrilled with how it looks.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post describes the amusing scene:
“It doesn’t look like me,” he said. “Not at all. Except for the beard.”
He reached into his locker and pulled out one of the bobblehead dolls and said: “I mean, what do you think?”
I told him I thought it looked sort of like him, but a lot more like Fernando Vina.
For anyone curious, Fernando Vina looks like this.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)