Sep 18, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Tomorrow night the Marlins are giving away a Jose Reyes bobblehead doll, but the shortstop isn’t thrilled with how it looks.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post describes the amusing scene:
“It doesn’t look like me,” he said. “Not at all. Except for the beard.”
He reached into his locker and pulled out one of the bobblehead dolls and said: “I mean, what do you think?”
I told him I thought it looked sort of like him, but a lot more like Fernando Vina.
For anyone curious, Fernando Vina looks like this.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 9
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)