Sep 18, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Tomorrow night the Marlins are giving away a Jose Reyes bobblehead doll, but the shortstop isn’t thrilled with how it looks.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post describes the amusing scene:
“It doesn’t look like me,” he said. “Not at all. Except for the beard.”
He reached into his locker and pulled out one of the bobblehead dolls and said: “I mean, what do you think?”
I told him I thought it looked sort of like him, but a lot more like Fernando Vina.
For anyone curious, Fernando Vina looks like this.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)