Sep 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Once the season is over Jansen is slated to undergo an operation to address his atrial fibrillation and for now he’s ceased taking blood thinners because of the added risk they would bring if he were hit by a line drive or suffered another injury.
Jansen was fantastic before being shut down, saving 25 games with a 2.54 ERA, .156 opponents’ batting average, and 86 strikeouts in 57 innings to rank among the most dominant pitchers in baseball for the third straight season.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)