Sep 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Once the season is over Jansen is slated to undergo an operation to address his atrial fibrillation and for now he’s ceased taking blood thinners because of the added risk they would bring if he were hit by a line drive or suffered another injury.
Jansen was fantastic before being shut down, saving 25 games with a 2.54 ERA, .156 opponents’ batting average, and 86 strikeouts in 57 innings to rank among the most dominant pitchers in baseball for the third straight season.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)