Sep 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Once the season is over Jansen is slated to undergo an operation to address his atrial fibrillation and for now he’s ceased taking blood thinners because of the added risk they would bring if he were hit by a line drive or suffered another injury.
Jansen was fantastic before being shut down, saving 25 games with a 2.54 ERA, .156 opponents’ batting average, and 86 strikeouts in 57 innings to rank among the most dominant pitchers in baseball for the third straight season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)