Sep 18, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Remember how the Yankees and some other teams were all mad at StubHub because … well, their reasoning was completely silly, but know that several teams are not happy with StubHub. Seems they’re looking at alternatives: like going with Ticketmaster over StubHub as the official resale vendor for tickets.
I’m not sure how this would make baseball teams happier, because the issue they are mad about — the secondary seller has tickets listed below box office prices — won’t be solved with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster does resale for the NHL and the NBA and it’s the same story: if the game isn’t sold out, you can always find cheap tickets on a secondary basis.
But hey, teams could get revenge on those bottom-feeding fans they hate so much: Ticketmaster is way more annoying that StubHub and the fees are often higher, so that’d show ‘em!
UPDATE: I could be wrong about the price floors with Ticketmaster. I’m told by a couple people that they do for NHL tickets, meaning that even when a game is not sold out, you can’t get tickets from Ticketmaster below box office price. On the other hand, I’m told that their fees are more reasonable than StubHub’s.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)