Sep 18, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Remember how the Yankees and some other teams were all mad at StubHub because … well, their reasoning was completely silly, but know that several teams are not happy with StubHub. Seems they’re looking at alternatives: like going with Ticketmaster over StubHub as the official resale vendor for tickets.
I’m not sure how this would make baseball teams happier, because the issue they are mad about — the secondary seller has tickets listed below box office prices — won’t be solved with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster does resale for the NHL and the NBA and it’s the same story: if the game isn’t sold out, you can always find cheap tickets on a secondary basis.
But hey, teams could get revenge on those bottom-feeding fans they hate so much: Ticketmaster is way more annoying that StubHub and the fees are often higher, so that’d show ‘em!
UPDATE: I could be wrong about the price floors with Ticketmaster. I’m told by a couple people that they do for NHL tickets, meaning that even when a game is not sold out, you can’t get tickets from Ticketmaster below box office price. On the other hand, I’m told that their fees are more reasonable than StubHub’s.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)