Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Apologies to whoever pointed out this link on Twitter this morning, but I can’t find your tweet to give you credit (UPDATE: It was Alex Belth). The post itself is from last year, but it doesn’t matter because I’m a sucker for this stuff.
Old pics of old Yankee Stadium, many in color. My favorite is either the last out in the last game before the 1974-75 renovation because (a) old; and (b) retro Tigers road uniforms. My second favorite is the aerial shot in which you can see both Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds in the same shot.
Get lost in ‘em, folks.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)