Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Apologies to whoever pointed out this link on Twitter this morning, but I can’t find your tweet to give you credit (UPDATE: It was Alex Belth). The post itself is from last year, but it doesn’t matter because I’m a sucker for this stuff.
Old pics of old Yankee Stadium, many in color. My favorite is either the last out in the last game before the 1974-75 renovation because (a) old; and (b) retro Tigers road uniforms. My second favorite is the aerial shot in which you can see both Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds in the same shot.
Get lost in ’em, folks.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)