Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Apologies to whoever pointed out this link on Twitter this morning, but I can’t find your tweet to give you credit (UPDATE: It was Alex Belth). The post itself is from last year, but it doesn’t matter because I’m a sucker for this stuff.
Old pics of old Yankee Stadium, many in color. My favorite is either the last out in the last game before the 1974-75 renovation because (a) old; and (b) retro Tigers road uniforms. My second favorite is the aerial shot in which you can see both Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds in the same shot.
Get lost in ’em, folks.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 89
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 137
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (138)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)