Sep 18, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
It’s raining in the east. We know this because it rained in the midwest earlier. Usually seems to happen that way. As this post goes to press, the Blue Jays-Yankees, Phillies-Mets and Dodgers-Nationals games have been rained out. That may be it for the night as other northeast teams are on the road.
Guess that means I need some rain songs and/or poem suggestions for tomorrow’s “And That Happened.” Already going with a Meat Puppets song. I’ll take two more requests, however. No Eddie Rabbit, though. I have my reasons. He knows what he did.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)