Sep 18, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
It’s raining in the east. We know this because it rained in the midwest earlier. Usually seems to happen that way. As this post goes to press, the Blue Jays-Yankees, Phillies-Mets and Dodgers-Nationals games have been rained out. That may be it for the night as other northeast teams are on the road.
Guess that means I need some rain songs and/or poem suggestions for tomorrow’s “And That Happened.” Already going with a Meat Puppets song. I’ll take two more requests, however. No Eddie Rabbit, though. I have my reasons. He knows what he did.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 0
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 4
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)