Sep 18, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
It’s raining in the east. We know this because it rained in the midwest earlier. Usually seems to happen that way. As this post goes to press, the Blue Jays-Yankees, Phillies-Mets and Dodgers-Nationals games have been rained out. That may be it for the night as other northeast teams are on the road.
Guess that means I need some rain songs and/or poem suggestions for tomorrow’s “And That Happened.” Already going with a Meat Puppets song. I’ll take two more requests, however. No Eddie Rabbit, though. I have my reasons. He knows what he did.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)