Sep 18, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
I once met former Reds pitcher Tom Browning at the Home Depot near my house. I thought it didn’t get any better than that, but little did I know:
Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Tom Browning will get a chance to perfect his chicken dance moves. The city has tapped Browning as grand marshal of its annual Oktoberfest-Zinzinnati, which means leading a mass chicken dance this Saturday on Fountain Square downtown.
The weekend festival celebrates Cincinnati’s German heritage, and tens of thousands of people usually take part.
Ted Power doesn’t get that treatment. Jack Armstrong isn’t leading the chicken dance. You won’t see Scott Scudder as the Grand Marshall. Only Browning. Tom Browning, babies.
Well, according to the article trumpeter Al Hirt, Weird Al Yankovic and Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil have too, but when it comes to late 80s Reds starters, it’s all Browning.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)