Sep 18, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
I once met former Reds pitcher Tom Browning at the Home Depot near my house. I thought it didn’t get any better than that, but little did I know:
Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Tom Browning will get a chance to perfect his chicken dance moves. The city has tapped Browning as grand marshal of its annual Oktoberfest-Zinzinnati, which means leading a mass chicken dance this Saturday on Fountain Square downtown.
The weekend festival celebrates Cincinnati’s German heritage, and tens of thousands of people usually take part.
Ted Power doesn’t get that treatment. Jack Armstrong isn’t leading the chicken dance. You won’t see Scott Scudder as the Grand Marshall. Only Browning. Tom Browning, babies.
Well, according to the article trumpeter Al Hirt, Weird Al Yankovic and Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil have too, but when it comes to late 80s Reds starters, it’s all Browning.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)