Sep 18, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
ESPN Boston.com reports that Red Sox bench coach Tim Bogar will interview with the Astros some time this week. The fact that the Astros last manager — Brad Mills — used to be a Red Sox bench coach to is a coincidence, I’d imagine.
Bogar played for the Astros from 1997-2000. He played in his only postseason series in 1999 with Houston, going 3 for 4 in two games against Atlanta. He has managed in the minor leagues, where he was named manager of the year for three straight years — 2004, 2005 and 2006 — across three different leagues.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)