Sep 18, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
ESPN Boston.com reports that Red Sox bench coach Tim Bogar will interview with the Astros some time this week. The fact that the Astros last manager — Brad Mills — used to be a Red Sox bench coach to is a coincidence, I’d imagine.
Bogar played for the Astros from 1997-2000. He played in his only postseason series in 1999 with Houston, going 3 for 4 in two games against Atlanta. He has managed in the minor leagues, where he was named manager of the year for three straight years — 2004, 2005 and 2006 — across three different leagues.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)