Sep 18, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
ESPN Boston.com reports that Red Sox bench coach Tim Bogar will interview with the Astros some time this week. The fact that the Astros last manager — Brad Mills — used to be a Red Sox bench coach to is a coincidence, I’d imagine.
Bogar played for the Astros from 1997-2000. He played in his only postseason series in 1999 with Houston, going 3 for 4 in two games against Atlanta. He has managed in the minor leagues, where he was named manager of the year for three straight years — 2004, 2005 and 2006 — across three different leagues.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)