Sep 19, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Unfortunate bit of news here for the Athletics.
Oblique injuries often take more than two weeks to recover from and they’re typically prone to setbacks, which means Anderson probably won’t throw another pitch during the 2012 regular season. But he could be ready if the A’s are able to advance to the ALDS.
The 24-year-old has posted a 2.57 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in six starts since returning in mid-August from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, fanning 25 batters and walking only seven in 35 innings.
Oakland entered play Wednesday with a slight lead for the first Wild Card spot in the American League.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)