Sep 19, 2012, 9:11 PM EST
Unfortunate bit of news here for the Athletics.
Oblique injuries often take more than two weeks to recover from and they’re typically prone to setbacks, which means Anderson probably won’t throw another pitch during the 2012 regular season. But he could be ready if the A’s are able to advance to the ALDS.
The 24-year-old has posted a 2.57 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in six starts since returning in mid-August from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, fanning 25 batters and walking only seven in 35 innings.
Oakland entered play Wednesday with a slight lead for the first Wild Card spot in the American League.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (103)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)