Sep 19, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Unfortunate bit of news here for the Athletics.
Oblique injuries often take more than two weeks to recover from and they’re typically prone to setbacks, which means Anderson probably won’t throw another pitch during the 2012 regular season. But he could be ready if the A’s are able to advance to the ALDS.
The 24-year-old has posted a 2.57 ERA and 1.03 WHIP in six starts since returning in mid-August from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery, fanning 25 batters and walking only seven in 35 innings.
Oakland entered play Wednesday with a slight lead for the first Wild Card spot in the American League.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32