Sep 19, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Barry Larkin has signed on to be Brazil’s manager for the World Baseball Classic and Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has news of another big name taking a WBC gig:
Eric Gagne will be France’s pitching coach (he’s a French-Canadian from Montreal).
My first reaction was to be amused, but that only lasted a few seconds before I thought, “Wow, I’m old.”
Gagne debuted in 1999, won the Cy Young award in 2003, and last pitched in 2008 for the Brewers. He’s now 37.
I’m looking forward to a whole pitching staff throwing Vulcan changeups.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)