Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
The Blue Jays and their fans have, for years, lamented the fact that in the stacked and moneyed AL East, no team besides Boston and New York stood a chance. Well, first Tampa Bay put lie to that notion and this year the Orioles and the second wild card are doing that same.
So tell us, Blue Jays President Paul Beeston, how does that make you feel?
“I’m actually pissed off about it … Everybody’s got a shot. Getting into the playoffs gives you a chance to win. A lot of teams can with the World Series, starting with the play-in game. I’m more pissed off because that could have been us.”
I bet you’re not alone in that sentiment.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 61
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)