Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
The Blue Jays and their fans have, for years, lamented the fact that in the stacked and moneyed AL East, no team besides Boston and New York stood a chance. Well, first Tampa Bay put lie to that notion and this year the Orioles and the second wild card are doing that same.
So tell us, Blue Jays President Paul Beeston, how does that make you feel?
“I’m actually pissed off about it … Everybody’s got a shot. Getting into the playoffs gives you a chance to win. A lot of teams can with the World Series, starting with the play-in game. I’m more pissed off because that could have been us.”
I bet you’re not alone in that sentiment.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)