Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
The Blue Jays and their fans have, for years, lamented the fact that in the stacked and moneyed AL East, no team besides Boston and New York stood a chance. Well, first Tampa Bay put lie to that notion and this year the Orioles and the second wild card are doing that same.
So tell us, Blue Jays President Paul Beeston, how does that make you feel?
“I’m actually pissed off about it … Everybody’s got a shot. Getting into the playoffs gives you a chance to win. A lot of teams can with the World Series, starting with the play-in game. I’m more pissed off because that could have been us.”
I bet you’re not alone in that sentiment.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)