Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
The Blue Jays and their fans have, for years, lamented the fact that in the stacked and moneyed AL East, no team besides Boston and New York stood a chance. Well, first Tampa Bay put lie to that notion and this year the Orioles and the second wild card are doing that same.
So tell us, Blue Jays President Paul Beeston, how does that make you feel?
“I’m actually pissed off about it … Everybody’s got a shot. Getting into the playoffs gives you a chance to win. A lot of teams can with the World Series, starting with the play-in game. I’m more pissed off because that could have been us.”
I bet you’re not alone in that sentiment.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)