Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Corey Hart has been out since aggravating his plantar fasciitis on September 9, missing eight games, but the Brewers first baseman in back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Hart admitted previously that the pain in his foot is “not going to go away” this season and had a setback when trying to do some pregame baserunning earlier this week, but with the Brewers now just 2.5 games out of the Wild Card race he’ll try to play through the discomfort.
Hart has had an excellent season, hitting .278 with 27 homers, 35 doubles, and an .855 OPS in 137 games, but Milwaukee went 7-1 in his absence while using Travis Ishikawa and Taylor Green in a first base platoon.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)