Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Corey Hart has been out since aggravating his plantar fasciitis on September 9, missing eight games, but the Brewers first baseman in back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Hart admitted previously that the pain in his foot is “not going to go away” this season and had a setback when trying to do some pregame baserunning earlier this week, but with the Brewers now just 2.5 games out of the Wild Card race he’ll try to play through the discomfort.
Hart has had an excellent season, hitting .278 with 27 homers, 35 doubles, and an .855 OPS in 137 games, but Milwaukee went 7-1 in his absence while using Travis Ishikawa and Taylor Green in a first base platoon.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)