Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Corey Hart has been out since aggravating his plantar fasciitis on September 9, missing eight games, but the Brewers first baseman in back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Hart admitted previously that the pain in his foot is “not going to go away” this season and had a setback when trying to do some pregame baserunning earlier this week, but with the Brewers now just 2.5 games out of the Wild Card race he’ll try to play through the discomfort.
Hart has had an excellent season, hitting .278 with 27 homers, 35 doubles, and an .855 OPS in 137 games, but Milwaukee went 7-1 in his absence while using Travis Ishikawa and Taylor Green in a first base platoon.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 36
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)