Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Corey Hart has been out since aggravating his plantar fasciitis on September 9, missing eight games, but the Brewers first baseman in back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Hart admitted previously that the pain in his foot is “not going to go away” this season and had a setback when trying to do some pregame baserunning earlier this week, but with the Brewers now just 2.5 games out of the Wild Card race he’ll try to play through the discomfort.
Hart has had an excellent season, hitting .278 with 27 homers, 35 doubles, and an .855 OPS in 137 games, but Milwaukee went 7-1 in his absence while using Travis Ishikawa and Taylor Green in a first base platoon.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 12
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?